I Believe.......do You?

I believe the children are the future. Do you? I sincerely hope you do because this statement happens to be literally correct and has been proven time and again throughout human existence :). We all  need to collectively accept this great responsibility of raising our next generation to the best of our and their abilities. Hence I take my job as a teacher very seriously. Not that I am a severe or serious teacher, but for me, the task of shaping future adult minds is a great and auspicious one. No matter what you do for a living, you have been influenced by a teacher.
Over the years, I have documented many a teacher moment and often peruse them and wonder what the future holds for my charges. Time will tell. But I enjoy every moment of it. Maybe because I love what I do and what I teach. Be it art or science, accompanying students on tours or teaching the "core" subjects, I believe we are constant learners and there is great fun in the learning process. I think my students would agree that we enjoy it all. From:
Future botanist?
One of my Infants A students at a plant nursery.
On board the famous Concorde with Infants B students.
Getting out into nature.
Building leadership skills.
These students were last year's candidates for leadership of the Environmental Club.
 

Participating in cultural activities
In winners' circle for Art competitions.


Which brings me to my pride and joy......my visual art students. Over the last few years they have produced interesting and visually appealing works of art and have earned quite a few awards and prizes. But no prize can compare to a child's reaction at discovering its own gifts and abilities. Truly priceless. The results of their work are so immediate and real in art that I think most students view art differently to most subjects........and in a good way. It's learning while having fun and using a variety of fine and gross motor skills and drawing from creative regions of the brain. Their work speaks for itself.
Collage

Abstract Creations

Optical Illusions

Creature Features



Or geometry

I wish I could share more with you in this post. My students' work makes me hopeful for a bright future full of creative potential but we must all contribute least hope be in vain. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking for bush

Bush Tea

Breadfruit ...... So Many Ways