Bajan Mexican

Now that title must be a shocker but hell yeah, I love to bajanise all cuisine ...lol
So, yesterday I did my usual roasted chicken which lasts for two days. BUT when time came to prepare a starch I was not sure if I could take another two days of peas n rice (hope they don't take away my ID card), and out of the blues I decided to make Mexican yellow rice.
Well who can make yellow beans without black bean stew? I sure can't so out cane the pressure cooker and 10 minutes later tomatoes, peppers, onions, thyme, marjoram, cilantro, garlic added I had the most delicious black beans imaginable.
Time was limited due to school assignments so I turned to my trusted green salad. I have recently discovered how sweet  Brussels sprouts are raw and they have been appearing shaved in my salads A LOT!
Enjoy the pics becuz I sure enjoyed the dish. :)

 
 Yellow rice
             Black bean stew with fresh tomatoes
Green salad, lots of cucumber, pepper and sprouts      
Photographer forgot the bird's solo pic ........
AND yes a part of the wing is missing :)

As if that was not enough Mexican for two days, I woke up this morning, opened the cupboard for breakfast and grabbed a can of sweet corn, so guess what was on and popping.....CORN FRITTERS and bakes,
Now you know I am not a fan of starch/ carbs, but the daughter has track events all weekend so if she needs to carb up, then the whole house has to carb up!





                                                                                                    
Have a great week, eat well and be good but most importantly, smile just because you can.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking for bush

Bush Tea

Breadfruit ...... So Many Ways