Scotsman Bonnet? hummm!

Hey blog world, how are you folk doing?
I am well entrenched in my 2nd semester of study and it's already coming on fast and furious. I just completed my first assignment and wanted to fill you guys in on the only thing I've been able to reap from my now almost non-existent garden :( ......

Scotch Bonnet peppers aplenty!



    

I never knew that the Scotch Bonnet pepper got its name because it resembles a Scotsman's bonnet! 
Well thanks to a generous mix of heat and rain, my tree is yielding peppers daily. Unfortunately, they are nothing I can eat out of hand or use copious amounts of so what's a girl to do?
Take plenty pictures and give them away that's what!....lol




Officially called Capsicum Chinense (hummm sounds Chinese), the plant has such beautiful flowers and fruit. Tiny white flowers give way to pale green fruit which gradually change to yellow, orange and eventually
 bright red.



I can easily reap about 12 a day! BUt like I said I can't eat 12 a day ...lol
They are primarily used in seasoning and pepper sauces but I must admit I do "add one to my pot" when making soup and my neighbour cooks one with her rice. Of course you do not ever want to have one of these pepper burst in your pot. While it is fine whole, the seeds are PURE FIRE!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking for bush

Bush Tea

Breadfruit ...... So Many Ways