A Pot Garden

NOOO, not that kind of pot. 😄
Listen, you don't need a big yard to plant a "garden". All you need are some pots. In fact any container will do, they don't even have to be pretty.
Don't believe, me? Just watch....
Although I have a little bit of earth to work with, I love to pot certain things. Things like lettuce, kales, well any greens really, and herbs. Over the years I have found that they actually grow better in containers and are super easy to care for.  From the normal plant pots to old recycled tubs to buckets, to even used bath tubs, I think an eclectic blend of pots adds character to any garden! Because of this, I hardy ever purchase pots. I am always on the lookout for items to repurpose. Hope the following pics give you some inspiration to pot something.
Pots are a part of the planning stage every time I start a new garden.

Washpans, Buckets & Pots

 
Notice how I even plant in an adorable decorative block which is perfect for parsley.


You can fit quite a bit of greens in a washpan!


Can you tell that I love to my green foods?...LOL 

 Pots are also perfect for herbs and lettuces especially because you can move them around to ensure the best growing conditions. You can hide them away under trees for partial shade or move them to cover in case of too much rain.
Mustard greens and beets cooling it under a papaya tree.
Lettuces keep cool under a soursop tree.

 Barrels & Bathtubs

Yes you read that right. I recycle anything that can drain!

Lovely barrel of cauliflower
Bathtub full of cherry tomatoes, broccoli and peppers
 Notice how using pots allows me to make use of my entire backyard. Using half barrels, bathtub and pots as planters I leave just enough room to walk.


At the moment this is the view from my kitchen door, and...I'm loving it!

In my neck of the woods, we are gearing up for a four day weekend....whoop, whoop. Be safe and most of all be happy ppl.









































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking for bush

Bush Tea

Breadfruit ...... So Many Ways