A generous life

Sometimes I like to sit and reflect on how simple and easy life can be when we choose to live generously. My mother always says "sell all and you will buy all", meaning of course that if you live selfishly then don't expect any favours from anyone.
I know these words to be true. I am convinced that when we share with or help others, especially those in need, then we can almost certainly rely on the generosity of others. I was led to these words again this week after mentally listing the many unexpected gifts I received this week.

My gardening friend Sandra called me over for some plantains, bananas, tomatoes, okras, limes and carrots. Turns out they were gifts she had also received from someone.

 A cousin sent over sorrel (look out for that drink soon), yam, cassava and oranges. Add to the list the sweet potato my mother sent and a breadfruit from my neighbour,

Oh for the first time ever I cooked duck. My brother Michael rears ducks and sent me one. I chose to roast it Basian style. 


Which means, I gave it a more than liberal stuffing with my homemade Bajan seasoning.....check that chunk of scotch bonnet pepper (the red dot). Then marinated it in those two sauces.
Soyaki and Soy Sauce


Some hours later......

Some of the bananas made a healthy and tasty snack for the children and some friends after sports camp.

 

Golden banana muffins
I also added half of a plantain to some lentil meatball mix I had in the freezer. I formed them into burgers and they were unbelievably delicious.

  





This week I also finally bottled some hair oil for retail. I usually steep my hair oil in the sun for weeks before pouring into individual 8oz bottles. I believe this allows the healing properties to be extracted from the various herbs I use.

I leave you with a few pics of interest from my week.
Clammy cherry

Jamaican hackee :)

Evidence of a good beach day!

I encourage us all to live more generously and may we all prosper collectively.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking for bush

Bush Tea

Breadfruit ...... So Many Ways