Bounty of the Country

Today the children and I made a trek up to St. George to visit my mom. I know I may be biased, but St. George is the sweetest of Barbados' eleven parishes. We may not have a beach :), but in our perfect central position, we more than make up for that with panoramic views of almost the entire island, sweet valleys and luscious hills, immaculate fields of agricultural land and ever blowing sweet breezes.
 

  The bounty of the earth at this time of year is also awesome. Today we picked:

Chili Plums


 And tonnes of golden apples. From treetop to the ground..talk about easy pickings!

 The neighbour's avocado tree was packed with fruit.


 Other sweet pickings around the neighbourhood included:
Bayleaf
Scotch Bonnet Pepper
                                                                     Castor oil Plant.
 Pride of Barbados or Flower Fence
                                                                     Bajan Grapefruit



                                                                      Plenty Sour-sop
And when last have you seen Bajan Olive trees?
I have not seen these since my childhood. My neighbour had an entire fence of these. Good to know they are still around. Speaking of which, I thought black sage was extinct! Remember when we swept the yards with this?
And just for fun please enjoy some of my St. George scenes.

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking for bush

Bush Tea

Breadfruit ...... So Many Ways