De Pasture

Ever so often, I find myself in the midst of some place or activity when I have an ah ha moment. This evening while working out with my group, it dawned on me how stunning a view was before me as we exercised al fresco. Who needs a gym when you have a pasture?

I am therefore very lucky to live in a neighbourhood where persons head out to "de pasture"after work or school every evening. Bajans everywhere will immediately have memories of their own days running 'bout on some pasture, somewhere. For those of  you not familiar with this term, it is our equivalent to the park or playground just waaayyy better (smile).
Our pasture happens to be the world famous Empire Cricket Club, home to countless cricket greats. 
The main entrance

  
The view from the stands is absolutely breath taking!
Running man

 

Love the dot people in the background

 
 Now for those views that made me break from the workout (sorry Coach)







Let me add that the pasture is usually an extension of the neighbourhood. It is a place where people look out for each other, share news of the day, discuss politics and social issues, discipline all children as if they were their own, fire a dink, eat a food or just breeze back and chill.
I hope there is a pasture in store for you one day, it's community life at its best.
Night night.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking for bush

Bush Tea

Breadfruit ...... So Many Ways