Things we take for granted......looking up

It is such a joy to sit back and watch my children discover some of the same simple pleasures in life that I did as a child here in Barbados back in the 70s. One such past-time is cloud watching. Now this may sound trivial to some of you, but you never appreciate clouds until you have lived through a period of not seeing or noticing the sky for years!
My niece and I talked about this one night when she was visiting from Toronto. We were sitting out one night when she remarked that the moon looked close enough to touch, the sky seemed like it was right there. In any major city, when you look up, you are guaranteed an over load of skyscrapers, ads and competing artificial lights. So, what was any diligent nature lover to do but start taking photos of the sky. I had a renewed appreciation of the sky view. If your location does not afford you a spectacular sky view, then by all means please enjoy ours.
   

 I love these whimsical clouds.

Then there are the unusual. We have great fun trying to figure out what they look like.


Some of my favourite "sky pictures" were not even intended to be, but the sky just took over in some of these photos of other stuff.





And then they are my epic ones, ones I look at ever so often, like this one of my daughter that looks like she about to be attacked by giant clouds...
PRICELESS!
Or this awesome rainbow....
Take you pick of sunsets....

Or this man all alone with nature

Feel free to download and use as screen savers or backgrounds. I'll leave you with just a splash of colour.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking for bush

Bush Tea

Breadfruit ...... So Many Ways