So...I almost melted today!

Seriously, I think I reached melting point today!
The last few days have been almost unbearably humid. I sit in my front room, windows and doors open, fan going, celebrating every breeze that passes by. Yes,..... I have become so desperate, that every time the wind blows I make a public announcement akin to "Did you feel that?" or "Oh man! that breeze feels good". It's almost a celebration.
Well, I don't know what's getting you through this heat wave wherever you are but here in sweet Barbados, I am attempting to keep chill by breaking out the trusted Banks beer. Nothing beats an ice cold Banks! 


You know it's cold when it condenses!




I can easily have a few throughout the day because they are very mild. At least to my taste! Compared to most beers, their 4.7% alcohol content seems quite reasonable.


I also thoroughly enjoyed these Bob Marley Mellow Mood Drinks. I am soo sorry I did not pick up a few  more because $2.00 for such a refreshing natural drink is a steal for sure.

Peach, raspberry, passion......delish!
Every thing Bob Marley just happens to be great.

SO, in other news today, some of those pears have ripened already.....YES, they have.

Wrapping in newspaper makes all the difference.


And we have enjoyed them for breakfast with some sliced cheese , then for dinner in salad.

    


Despite the heat, we also needed some snack foods. If you know me, you know that I am an advocate of homemade snacks because you control what and how much goes into your children's diet. With that, I made a batch of hummus. People always ask where do I find time for all these things but I usually pressure cook a pack of chickpeas all at once, package into portions and freeze, so that making hummus means defrosting and using the food processor.
Today I used 4 cups of peas, 3 lemons, a few ounces of olive oil, a few ounces of tahini, cumin, garlic, salt, pepper and smoked paprika. 





 I made a small batch for my brother Steven and another for a friend. Don't panic about the copious amount of sesame oil floating there, we are meant to consume oils uncooked so yummmm!, plus the cumin also helps your body to break down fats during digestion.

Stay cool Barbados, over and out!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking for bush

Bush Tea

Breadfruit ...... So Many Ways