Abundance....it's that time of yeari

I love this time of year.
It seems that every type of fruit is being harvested. Unlike life in NYC where you can buy any fruit  just about any time of year in the supermarket, I eagerly look forward to eating copious amounts of my favourite fruit when they are in season.  This week fruit has literally been turning up at my doorstep. This can only happen when you live that good island life. Check out my week of abundance in pictures.


My neighbour Mervin brought us two breadfruits......... Remember that breadfruit cou-cou we had last night for dinner?I couldn't even finish my plate AND we had leftovers!




       

                        My fruit guy came by with ackees, fatporks  and cashews .



My cousin sent  pears which I quickly wrapped in newspaper and put away in the cupboards to ripen. I had to share with my neighbour as well, cause that's what we do!



I picked in passion fruits this morning


and made passion fruit drink: I always steep my passion fruit first in hot water and brown sugar to maximise flavour. I add ice cold water later and put in the freezer a while.


Meanwhile my regular fruit bowl continues to thrive with limes and mangoes. Needless to say we have been drinking plenty fruit juices around here, and hydrating with plenty juicy fruit.
I hope that you too are living abundantly from nature's menu, it's unbeatable! 

Comments

  1. Good stuff cuz.....this is Corey I want some doa lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. i jusy polished off some leftover cou-cou while chatting with you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez!!!!! what would I do for some cou-cou right now lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Looking for bush

Bush Tea

Breadfruit ...... So Many Ways